2013 Warrenton Seed Swap
If you’re anywhere near Warrenton, Virginia, please come join us Sunday, February 24, 2013 for our second annual Warrenton Seed Swap.
Lots of seed swappers = lots of seeds to swap! Please help us spread the word:
Click here to see our Facebook invitation and RSVP for the event. Then, invite your friends to join you!
Click here to download a pdf sign about the event. Then, share the joy: Email the sign to your friends. Share the pdf on Facebook or Twitter. Print it out and post it in your school, community center or other favorite local haunts.
Click here to open a larger version of the image above. Then, go crazy: Post it on your Facebook page. Tweet it. Pin it.
A seed swap is exactly what it sounds like: a chance to swap your extra flower, vegetable or herb seeds with other gardeners.
Because maybe you have too many tomato seeds, and not enough lettuce seeds. Because you want to try a new variety. Because you have extra, and want to share. Because it will be fun.
Anyone who has seeds or wants seeds. Expert gardeners. Beginner gardeners. Aspiring gardeners. Seed-savers. You.
It’s really pretty easy…
- Bring any extra seeds that are no more than two or three years old.
- Store-bought, mail-ordered or home-saved; all seeds are welcome.
- If you are bringing seeds you saved yourself, please be sure they are from non-hybrid plants, and were saved properly.
- Please repackage large quantities of seeds into smaller envelopes or plastic baggies. Packets of 10-30 seeds are plenty for most plants and gardens.
- Please label all seed packets with the variety name, year and source. Thank you!
- If you don’t have any seeds to swap, we still hope you will come. There should be plenty of seed to share with everyone.
Iron Bridge Wine Company, lower level
29 Main Street, Warrenton
Sunday, February 24, 1 – 3 pm
Please post your questions on our Facebook invitation. Not on Facebook? Then, just add a comment here.